2/08/2012

Banana nut bread...

Photobucket


This sweet and moist banana bread has made it to the top of my list when it comes to banana bread, and believe me I've tried many recipes. The original recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of sour cream and 1/2 cup of oil, I replaced the sour cream with 3 tablespoons plain yogurt and added 1/2 cup of olive oil plus 2 tablespoons of melted butter, it came out perfect if I may say so myself.


Ingredients
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon mace or nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup olive oil
3 1/2 bananas, very ripe, mashed
3 tablespoons plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped

Directions
Set oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper.

Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Drizzle in oil. Add mashed bananas, yugurt, melted butter and vanilla. Fold in dry ingredients and nuts. Pour into a lined loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.


* Restaurant Recipe

4 comments:

Amna said...

It looks so YUM! Thanks for the simple recipe :)

From Yeast to Zest said...

It is very easy to make Sweetheart but it comes out really yummy, not rubbery, dense, or too cake like.

Amna said...

That's so good to know. Compelling me to make one! :D

Noor said...

I love banana bread and my dh loves it even more. Its great for breakfast with a hot drink.

© From Yeast to Zest 2010. All rights reserved