9/17/2011

Gulf style, green coffee (Qahwa).




The first time I ever had Gulf style coffee I thought "Eeww, what the heck is this funky water" then I had the first sip and I was hooked. The coffee is unsweetened and goes perfectly with Arabic sweets that are usually drenched in syrup. The tiny handle free cups are just beautiful and for some reason they make me feel beautiful as well when I have one in hand. Very classy cups I must say.



ingredients
3 cups of water
3 tbsp. cardamom (coarsely ground)
2 tbsp. of Arabic coffee
1/4 teaspoon saffron (optional)
1 teaspoon of rosewater (optional)

Directions
Boil the water in a pot.
Add the coffee to the water and bring to a boil over low heat.
Remove from the heat for five minutes to allow the coffee to settle.
Put the cardamom in the pot, strain the coffee into it and add the saffron or rosewater.Bring back to boil once and serve.

adapted from, Grouprecipes.com

1 comment:

Noor said...

YUmmy mashAllah I love it too.

© From Yeast to Zest 2010. All rights reserved