3/16/2011

Rose petal and almond cupcakes.


Photobucket


We had a few guest over this past Saturday afternoon and of course I did the baking and my husband the cooking. I wanted to make a few Moroccan desserts and some new creations of my own. Looking through my ingredients I stumbled across a jar or Rose petal jam my husband brought home from one of his tastings. This jam is simply amazing but I'm not one to eat it on its own or even with toast, it's far too fancy for that. So, I decided to incorporate it into one of my all time favorite desserts and that's simple American "Cupcakes". Why not, right? What can possibly go wrong with a little rose petals in our cupcakes. Well well, these little rose scented cupcakes were a big hit at our lunch in. I chose to top them with basic buttercream but you can stay on the healthy side and top them with slivered almonds but don't dare call them "Cupcakes" they'll be more like a Muffin.

Photobucket

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/4 cup rose petal jam
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup melted butter
1 drop red food colorant (just enough to make them pink, not red)

Directions
Preheat your oven to 350*F. In a large bowl, sift your flour, almond meal, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a seperate bowl beat your eggs and sugar until fluffy and light in color (you can add the food coloring at this point). Beat in your melted butter and rose jam. Add the flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to the egg mixture in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Pour into your prepare cupcake pan and bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpic inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Noor said...

mashAllah they are so cute. I want to try rose jam.

From Yeast to Zest said...

You will love it Noor, it will go well with you qashta desserts.

© From Yeast to Zest 2010. All rights reserved