4/29/2009

Lemon glazed, lemon cake



I have been meaning to add my recipes but have been a little scared to say the least.
I’m somewhat of a perfectionist, so I make sure I have baked/cooked my recipes more than once before I share them with my friends. This cake came out so delicious and moist I decided to make it my intro/test recipe. Once someone has made it and (IF) I get positive feedback I will add more of my sweet recipes.


Glazed Lemon cake

2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cup of Sugar
¾ cup milk
¾ cup oil
¼ cup lemon juice (fresh)
Zest of 1 large lemon (or 2 medium lemons)
3 eggs

Icing (thick glaze)
1 cup powder sugar (glaze sugar)
2 table spoon fresh lemon juice



Preheat oven to 350*, butter and flour a cake pan or bunt pan.

In a medium bowl sift your flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.

In a medium bowl beat your eggs, sugar, and lemon zest until thick and light in color, gradually add your 3/4 cup of oil.

Add your dry ingredients to your egg/sugar mix little at a time, be careful not to over mix the batter. Pour your lemon juice and mix just until the juice has blended in, now you can add your milk and mix once again until the milk is well blended into the mix.

Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for approx 35 min or until knife test comes out clean.

Cool your cake before adding your icing. This icing is very simple, all you have to do is mix both ingredients well and top your cake Tadaaaaaa.

No comments:

© From Yeast to Zest 2010. All rights reserved