8/05/2012

Mini almond tarts...




These ittie bittie tarts were made using leftover pie crust dough, the thought of throwing the edges I had just trimmed off my pie was just killing me. I mean here we are in the month of Ramadan and for me to throw food away is just a big NO NO. So here's what I came up with. Mini toasted almond tarts using simple on hand ingredients (mostly leftovers) and a small amount of sweetened condensed milk because who doesn't have one of those cans somewhere in your pantry, right? If not, you really should keep at least one they come in handy and sweetened condensed milk taste delicious if you ask me. I can eat that stuff with a spoon. Keep in mind the recipe was not planned but here what I did.

Ingredients
12 mini baked tarts (inch tarts)
5 tablespoons toasted (toasted until golden brown) coarsely chopped almonds
1 heaping tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
pinch of salt
3 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate (melted)

Directions
Mix the almonds with a pinch of salt, with two spoons fold in the sweetened condensed milk. Place 1 small teaspoon of the nut mix on top of each tart and lightly press down. Place the tarts in your freezer while you melt the chocolate for approximately 10 minutes. Drizzle the chocolate on the tarts and serve.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Delicious looking tarts and they don't look as if they were just thrown together at the last minute mashAllah

© From Yeast to Zest 2010. All rights reserved