4/16/2011

Everything cookies (aka garbage cookies)

.................................................................................................................................................................
Photobucket


Sorry I have been MIA for a few weeks, I've been busy trying to prepare for our yearly vacation and part of that includes "Starving" myself. lol...Ok all jokes aside, I've just been really busy with my boys these past few weeks and lacking in baking and cooking creativity. Hope these wonderful, anything but diet food COOKIES can make up for lost time.

Ingredients
2 cups all purpose flour (you can use wheat)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
1/4 cup oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup M&M's candies
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped Mounts or Bounty bars (can be replaced with a chocolate bar of your choice)
1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts or almonds (toasted)

Directions
In a large bowl sift your flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a seperate bowl whisk your butter, sugar, and oil until light and creamy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla and continue to whisk to combine. Mix the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and fold to combine. Fold in your candies and nuts and refrigerate for 1 hour before baking. Preheat your oven to 350* F. Drop the dough by the tablespoon onto a non stick cookie sheet spacing them 2 inches apart and bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden around the edges but the centers still soft to the touch. Cool the cookies for 2 minutes on the baking sheet then tranfer to cool completely on a cooling rack.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Umm Abdulkarim said...

I was a little confused when I seen 'garbage' next to cookies but I was relieved when I read the recipe that you didn't sneak any trash in there LOL.
OMG I am in the same boat with trying to lose weight for the US!!!
These cookies look well worth the calories!! I will definitely try them this weekend...you know for the kids haha.

© From Yeast to Zest 2010. All rights reserved