2/18/2011

Chocolate pudding ice pops...




I know for most of you "Winter" is pretty much still lingering around but not in my neck of the woods it's not. The weather here has been absolutely beautiful the past couple of weeks. So, if it's way to cold to enjoy this recipe just give it a month or two and give it a try. You wont regret it....

These icePops remind me of my favorite fudgecicles that I have so many fond memories of. I remember putting my shoes on as fast as I could and running outside with my brothers with a dollar in hand to get our afternoon icecream truck snack. Hey! 1 buck got you a lot back then, unlike now. I was able to buy a soda, 25c bag of chips, and my 25c fudgecicle. :)



Ingredients

2 1/4 cup whole milk

6 tablespoons sugar

4 tablespoons cocoa powder

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1/4 teaspoon vanilla



Directions

In a small bowl sift your sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch. Add 1/4 cup of milk and whisk until the mix is smooth a free of any lumps. Add 1 cup of milk to a heavy duty pan over medium low heat and heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in your chocolate mix and stir to combine. Slowly whisk in the remainder of the milk and whisk until the mix begins to thicken. Remember not to allow the mix to turn into a pudding. Remove it from the heat once it begins to slightly thicken. It took me about 5 minutes over medium low heat but do not keep your eyes of or you will end up with a pudding. Once you remove the pan from the heat, stir in your vanilla. Allow the mix to cool down for about 5 minutes before filling you icecream molds.





No comments:

© From Yeast to Zest 2010. All rights reserved