7/05/2010

Aziz's Key lime pie




I always come across recipes with peoples name so I thought I would name my very own recipe after my husband. After all this is one of his favorite desserts. I spent my day yesterday browsing for Key Lime Pie recipes to make for my husband after his 2 week trip to India and didn't really find any that I like or any recipe who's list of ingredients I had in hand. I'm not a fan of raw eggs, so traditional recipes weren't an option. This pie is perfect for the hot summer days, not only does it require very little baking time but it's served cold straight out of the refrigerator/freezer. Its a real crowd pleaser! Serve with whip cream and lime wedges and your pool party just got a million times better. :)



Ingredients

Crust
2 1/2 cups graham cracker or digestive biscuits cookie crumbs
3 tablespoons Sugar
1/2 Cup plus 3 tablespoon melted butter (Measured when melted)

Pie filling
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup cream cheese (room temperature)
1 (12-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cups key lime juice
1 tablespoon key lime zest
1/2 cup sugar
3 drops yeallow food coloring plus 1 drop green (optional)

Directions, preheat oven to 350*

In a medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir in melted butter. Press the mixture firmly into bottom and up sides of a 10-inch spring form pan. Bake for 8 minutes and let the crust cool completely before spreading the pie filling over it.

In a small bowl combine your sugar and lime zest, rub with your fingers until sugar turns light green. Set aside. In a medium bowl beat your cream cheese until creamy, set aside. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat heavy cream until slightly thickened. Gradually add the sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Add condensed milk and beat until stiff peaks form. Now on low speed beat in your creamed cheese until well combined. Pour your lime juice and food coloring and continue to beat until mix is creamy and all the ingredients are evenly combined. Gently spread the filling over cooled crust. Cover and freeze for 4 to 6 hours before eating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! MashaAllah this recipe sounds amazing, I'm drooling! I must try this one out soon!

© From Yeast to Zest 2010. All rights reserved