2/08/2010

Cake like brownies


I think I've mentioned more than once how much my son and I love brownies? I made these for my friend and her kids and they loved them just as much as we do. You can eat these as is or get fancy and top them with chocolate ganache. I had both bittersweet chocolate and white chocolate in hand, so I made a chocolate ganache and a white chocolate ganache and got "Fancy" with my brownies.


Ingredients
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 1/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1/2 cup chocolate chips


Directions
Preheat oven to 350*. Brush a baking pan with butter and dust with a mix of cocoa powder and flour. In a small bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside. Melt your chocolate and butter in a double boiler until smooth, mix with a fork. Remove bowl from pan, add sugar and mix to combine, add eggs and mix to combine. Add your flour mix, espresso powder, vanilla and chocolate chips. Mix until moistened but making sure not to over mix. Pour into prepared pan, smoothing the top evenly. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until tooth pic inserted comes out with a few crumbs attached. These baking instructions are for a 9 inch square baking pan, if you're using a slightly bigger pan, reduce the baking time by 15 minutes or until toothpick test comes out semi clean and the brownies appear to be done. Cool brownies for 20 minutes in the pan then cut while still in the pan or remove the entire brownie and top with chocolate ganache or eat as is.


No comments:

© From Yeast to Zest 2010. All rights reserved